"Working Memory"

Richard Catrambone rc7 at prism.gatech.edu
Wed Nov 27 13:19:18 EST 1996

Well, I don't know about the unambiguous pronunciation part.  I could
imagine pronouncing "deme" as DEEM or DEEMEE or demEE.

Richard

At 11:12 AM -0500 11/27/96, Christian J Lebiere wrote:

>Unlike dme, deme has an unambiguous pronounciation.  We are trying to
>replace our synonymous use of working memory and declarative memory, wme
>and chunk, by a unique designation.  Adopting a word that everyone
>pronounces differently is not exactly a recipe for great communication.

Richard Catrambone               School of Psychology
Associate Professor              Georgia Institute of Technology
(Tel)  (404) 894-2682            Atlanta, Georgia  30332-0170
(Fax)  (404) 894-8905            USA

Internet:  rc7 at prism.gatech.edu
WWW:  http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~rc7/