[Soups-announce] Upcoming Workshop on Security for Harassment Online, Protections, and Empowerment (SecHOPE)

Kurt Thomas kurtthomas at google.com
Wed May 10 16:46:50 EDT 2023

Hi everyone,

We’re excited to share that the 1st IEEE Workshop on Security for
Harassment Online, Protections, and Empowerment (SecHOPE) will take place
on May 25, 2023, co-located with IEEE Security & Privacy 2023 in San
Francisco, California.

SecHOPE is a new forum for computer security and human computer interaction
experts to come together and discuss new studies, initiatives, and systems
that protect people from online hate and harassment. We have an exciting
program (https://sechope23.github.io/program/) that includes:

* Keynote from Daphne Keller, Regulation Director at Stanford Cyber Policy
Center
* Industry panel with Lea Kissner, former CISO at Twitter; Alison Huffman,
VP of Community Health at Twitch; and Yoel Roth, former Head of Trust &
Safety at Twitter. Laura Edelson from NYU will moderate the panel.
* Seven talks on hate and harassment ranging from threat models, protective
practices, and improving ecosystems.
* Opportunities to meet and collaborate with other leading researchers in
the area.

If you are attending IEEE Security & Privacy 2023, or happen to be in the
area, please consider registering for and attending the SecHOPE Workshop:
https://na.eventscloud.com/ieeesp2023

Zakir Durumeric, Rachel Greenstadt, Deepak Kumar, Sarah Meiklejohn, Kurt
Thomas
Organizing Committee
SecHOPE‘23