[Soups-announce] student travel grants and lots of SOUPS deadlines

Lorrie Faith Cranor lorrie at cs.cmu.edu
Thu May 16 11:00:34 EDT 2013

Lots of SOUPS deadlines coming up on May 30!

Student travel scholarships, funded by the US National Science Foundation, are available to students who attend US universities. Apply online by May 30. Funds are limited so we will not be able to cover the entire cost of your trip, but we expect to be able to award scholarships of between $500 and $1000.

We have three fantastic SOUPS workshops this year… submit your workshop paper by May 30:
	• Workshop on Home Usable Privacy and Security (HUPS) - student travel grants now available!
	• Workshop on Risk Perception in IT Security and Privacy
	• A Turn for the Worse: Trustbusters for User Interfaces Workshop

And SOUPS posters are due May 30. We seek poster abstracts describing recent or ongoing research or experience in all areas of usable privacy and security. Submissions should use the SOUPS poster template  and be at most two pages including bibliography. Submissions should not be blinded. Accepted poster abstracts will be distributed to symposium participants and made available on the symposium web site.
We also welcome authors of recent papers (2012 to 2013) on usable privacy and security to present your work at the SOUPS poster session. Please submit in a PDF file: (1) the title and abstract of your conference paper, (2) full bibliographical citation, and (3) a link to the published (official) version, instead of the regular poster abstract.

More details on all of the above at http://cups.cs.cmu.edu/soups/2013/