[Soups-announce] SOUPS 2007 news

Lorrie Cranor lorrie at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Mar 23 14:44:18 EDT 2007

The SOUPS web site has been updated with information about our
Workshop, Tutorials, and Invited talk program for 2007.

SOUPS 2007 will begin with a Workshop on Usable IT Security
Management (USM '07) and parallel usability testing and security
protocols tutorials designed to introduce these topics to researchers
who don't have a background in these areas. These tutorials will
provide a crash course in usability testing and in the ABCs of
security protocols. The parallel USM workshop will bring together
researchers and practitioners to discuss usable IT security management.

Award-winning graphic designer Marcia Lausen will deliver an invited
talk on ballot and election design.

A complete program will be posted in early May.

Poster submissions are due May 18.

Registration will open in April.

This year we have rooms available both at the Holiday Inn and in CMU
dorms. Only a limited number of dorm rooms are available, so if you
are interested in this option, reserve early.

For more information see
http://cups.cs.cmu.edu/soups/