Connectionists: [Meetings] Final Call: full day AI for Robotics Workshop @ Tilburg (Netherlands) on April 5th, 2024

Giacomo Spigler spiglerg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 15:07:02 EDT 2024

Dear colleagues,

We are happy to invite you to participate and contribute to our one-day
Workshop on ``*AI for Robotics*'', which will be held in **Tilburg, The
Netherlands**, on **April 5th 2024**.
The Workshop will serve as a venue for interdisciplinary networking across
the fields of Artificial Intelligence and Robotics.

The Workshop is **free** to attend, and **we will provide lunch, drinks,
and plenty of snacks** throughout the day.

More details about the workshop can be found on our website
https://www.ai4robotics.eu . Please contact me directly or through "*workshop
< at > tilburg-robotics.eu <http://tilburg-robotics.eu/>*" if you have any
questions!

We are looking forward to a wide and varied participation!

--- A few details ---

# Registration

*Please register in advance* if you wish to attend the Workshop, so that we
can organize the facilities accordingly.
You can register at https://t.ly/mdyrw , or from the Workshop's website (
https://www.ai4robotics.eu ).

# Invited Speakers

Our workshop is privileged to host an exceptional lineup of speakers from
academia and industry. Confirmed speakers include:

    * Francesco Nori (Google DeepMind)
    * Roberto Calandra (TU Dresden)
    * Sergey Levine (UC Berkeley)
    * Jens Kober (TU Delft)
    * Guido de Croon (TU Delft)
    * Silvia Tolu (DTU)

# Workshop Format

The Workshop consists of talks by our invited speakers, interleaved with
coffee breaks where our participants can present their posters. A tasty
free lunch will be provided, during which we are going to organize various
networking activities. The Workshop will end with a reception and (free)
drinks.

# Abstract

Since their inception, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics have been
intrinsically connected. Yet, the two communities are not always
interacting as much as they should. The increasing specialization within
each field tends to overlook their deeper link, posing challenges in
keeping up to date with each other's advancements. This highlights the
critical need for an interdisciplinary forum to harmonize efforts across
both domains.

Additionally, many research labs lack access to essential resources. This
includes both the high-cost robot hardware required for practical
application of theories and the computational resources necessary for
training large neural networks. By fostering collaborations between AI and
robotics researchers, we can significantly enhance research efficiency and
accelerate scientific breakthroughs.

We organize the AI for Robotics Workshop to provide an opportunity for AI
researchers and roboticists to come together and exchange ideas, learn
about the latest developments in both fields, encourage networking, and
initiate collaborations.

The workshop is organized as a one day event in Tilburg, The Netherlands,
featuring invited talks on the latest advances in both AI and Robotics from
leading researchers. To promote meaningful exchanges, the event includes
networking opportunities during lunch and coffee breaks, and ends with
relaxed social drinks at the end of the day.

Understanding the importance of inclusive participation, we are pleased to
offer free registration for the workshop, kindly provided by our sponsors.
This includes a delightful lunch and all-day snacks and drinks.

Everybody is encouraged to submit and present a poster.

Kind regards,
Giacomo Spigler
Murat Kirtay