Connectionists: PhD/Postdoc positions available at the Max Plank Institute in Leipzig (Germany) and BCBL in San Sebastian (Spain).

Alejandro Tabas alextabas at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 11:30:35 EDT 2024

The Perceptual Inference Group is building an interdisciplinary team
of cognitive and computational neuroscientists to work at the
interface between machine learning and ultra-high-resolution fMRI. We
are currently looking for postdocs and PhD students.

Our group investigates how cortical and subcortical populations of the
brain work together to infer the content of noisy sensory signals at
multiple timescales. We work primarily in the auditory modality and
the human brain, but collaborate closely with animal
electrophysiologists.

The positions are funded by the ERC and there will plenty of funding
for conferences, traveling between Leipzig and San Sebastian, and
visiting our large network of international collaborators. The
positions will be primarily based in one of the two cities and
traveling will be optional.

Ideal candidates will have a background in either cognitive
neuroscience (including experimental psychology) or a quantitative
discipline (physics, computer science, statistics, or related) and a
keen interest in building models of brain function. Experience on
layer-fMRI, probabilistic modelling, high-resolution fMRI data
analysis, state-space models, auditory experimental paradigms, and/or
predictive processing are bonuses.

For more information and for applying, please check:
(For the PhD/Postdoc positions based in San Sebastian):
https://www.bcbl.eu/en/join-us/job-offers (Job offers from the
Perceptual Inference Group)
(For the PhD/Postdoc position based in Leipzig):
https://recruitingapp-5218.de.umantis.com/Vacancies/412/Description/2/Default?

For questions and/or enquires please feel free to contact me at
tabas[at]bcbl[dot]eu or tabas[at]cbs[dot]mpg[dot]de, I'm more than
happy to chat informally about the positions!

Cheers,
Alejandro.