Connectionists: Next SIPTA seminar: Barbara Vantage (IP and finance), 16th March at 3pm Paris time.

sdesterc sebastien.destercke at hds.utc.fr
Wed Mar 20 09:32:57 EDT 2024

Dear colleagues,

We are delighted to announce our upcoming SIPTA online seminar on imprecise probabilities (IP). These monthly events are open to anyone interested in IP, and will be followed by a Q&A and open discussion. They also provide an occasion for the community to meet, keep in touch and exchange between in-person events.

The next seminar will take place on the 26th of March (Tuesday).

The zoom link for this seminar is https://utc-fr.zoom.us/j/86044393366

For this new seminar, we are very happy to have Barbara Vantaggi as our speaker. Barbara Vantage is a Full Professor of Mathematical Methods of Economics, Finance and Actuarial Sciences at the University La Sapienza, Roma. She is well-known for her many contributions to the foundations of (imprecise) probabilistic reasoning under coherence, decision making under uncertainty and their development to financial applications.

On the 26th of March at 15:00 CEST:paris time (up to 17:00 CEST, with a talk duration of 45min/1h), she will talk about "A dynamic Choquet pricing rule with bid-ask spreads under Dempster–Shafer uncertainty”, showing how imprecise probabilistic approaches can be useful in financial mathematics. Curious? Then check out the abstract on the webpage of the SIPTA seminars: sipta.org/events/sipta-seminars. The zoom link for attending the seminar can be found on that same page, where you will also find announcements of our next seminars. So please mark your calendars on the 26th of March, and join us for the occasion.

And for those who missed the previous seminar and want to catch up, or simply want to see it again and again, it is online at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG4trFXC53g

See you at the seminar!

Sébastien, Enrique and Jasper