Connectionists: [workshops at ACL2024] - CfP - Wordplay: When Language Meets Games workshop

Laetitia Teodorescu laetitia.teodorescu at inria.fr
Mon Mar 4 11:06:40 EST 2024

Dear reader,

Together with a group of researchers from UCSD, MIT, UMBC, UCLA, UC Berkeley, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Inria, Microsoft Research, and Meta AI Research, we are hosting the 4th edition of the Wordplay: When Language meets Games workshop at ACL 2024 in Bangkok, Thailand. This workshop will focus on exploring the intersection of language and games, think everything from GridWorld to classic text adventures like Zork to modern Twine games, to fill a role as learning environments for grounded language-based tasks.

This workshop aims to be a centralized place where all researchers involved across a breadth of fields can interact and learn from each other. Furthermore, it will act as a showcase to the wider NLP/RL/Game communities on language-based games' place as a learning environment. The program will feature a collection of invited talks in addition to contributed talks and posters from each of these sections of the interactive narrative games community and the wider NLP and RL communities.

We like all things:

- Interactive narrative: game-playing RL agents, game generation, etc.

- Interactive language learning

- Natural language generation

- Improvisational storytelling

- LLM-based agents

- And more! Anything you can think of that involves narrative, interactivity, and language!

If this sounds exciting to you, please consider submitting to our workshop. The submission deadline is Apr 19th (AoE). We accept papers that have also been published at other venues already in 2, 4 and 8-page formats. Please check our website for further information: https://wordplay-workshop.github.io/

Kind regards,

The Wordplay Program Chairs