Connectionists: Call for Applications & Help Promote: Gatsby Bridging Programme (Maths Summer School)

Lin, I-Chun i.lin at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Jan 25 09:46:25 EST 2024

Application deadline: 23 February 2024 (We may need to stop accepting applications before this date if the number received exceeds our capacity to review.)

Programme dates: 24 Jun - 9 Aug 2024 (London, UK)

Programme details: www.ucl.ac.uk/gatsby/study-and-work/gatsby-bridging-programme

The Gatsby Computational Neuroscience Unit at UCL is running the Gatsby Bridging Programme - an intensive, 7-week mathematics summer school. The programme is designed for penultimate/final-year undergraduates and Master’s students (incl. recent graduates) who aspire to pursue a postgraduate research degree in Theoretical Neuroscience or Machine Learning but whose degree course does not have a strong mathematical focus. Participants will attend in-person lectures/tutorials/problem-solving sessions to develop mathematics skills and intuition necessary to enter both fields and have the opportunity to interact with our researchers.

We aim to be inclusive and to increase the diversity of students entering both fields. Thus, we strongly encourage applications from students in underrepresented groups in Science, Engineering, Technology and Mathematics. A limited number of bursaries are available to students who may find it difficult to participate for financial reasons.

We would also appreciate it if you could help us reach students who may benefit from this programme. Here are some ways you can help us spread the word:

* Distributing the Call for Applications email among colleagues and interested students.

* Sharing our posts on social media:

   - X/Twitter: twitter.com/GatsbyUCL/status/1747929384135127272

   - Mastodon: neuromatch.social/@GatsbyUCL/111776402260388914

   - LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/posts/i-chun-lin-49270817_mathematics-summerschool-theoreticalneuroscience-activity-7153691881317486592-DxXF?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop
Thank you for any support you are willing to give us.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Best,

I-Chun

--

I-Chun Lin