Connectionists: [CfP] SYNERGY Workshop @ AVI 2024

Tommaso Turchi newsletters at tommasoturchi.fyi
Wed Feb 21 03:43:26 EST 2024

*** Apologies for cross-posting ***

--------------------------------------
CALL FOR PAPERS: SYNERGY Workshop 2024
--------------------------------------

We are pleased to announce the call for papers for the SYNERGY Workshop, to be held in conjunction with ACM AVI 2024. This workshop is dedicated to designing and building Hybrid Human-AI Systems. We invite researchers and practitioners to contribute to this evolving field, where human intelligence synergizes with artificial intelligence.

== Important Dates ==
* Submission Deadline: April 2, 2024
* Notification: April 16, 2024
* Camera Ready: May 3, 2024
* Workshop Date: Afternoon of June 3rd or 4th, 2024

== Submission Guidelines ==
* Length: 5-10 pages
* Format: CEUR-ART 1-column Template
* Selected papers may be invited to submit an extended version to a dedicated Special Issue of Springer's "Personal and Ubiquitous Computing"
* Submission Website: https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/SYNERGY2024

== Topics Include ==
The workshop seeks contributions on, but not limited to, the following themes:

1. Human-AI Collaboration Models
2. Augmenting Human Cognition with AI
3. Design Principles for Synergistic Systems
4. Ethics and Trust in Human-AI Interaction
5. Philosophical and Theoretical Approaches
6. Adaptive Interfaces for Human-AI Synergy
7. Software Architectures and Tools
8. Case Studies of Human-AI Synergy

== Organizers ==
* Alan Dix, Swansea University & Cardiff Metropolitan University
* Matt Roach, Swansea University
* Tommaso Turchi, University of Pisa
* Alessio Malizia, University of Pisa

For more information, please visit our website at https://synergy.trx.li or contact Tommaso Turchi (tommaso.turchi at unipi.it).

Join us in Arenzano, Genoa, Italy for an insightful workshop that aims to explore and shape the future of hybrid human-AI systems!

Tommaso Turchi
Department of Computer Science
University of Pisa