Connectionists: Call: Special issue on neural nets and linguistic theory

Volya Kapatsinski vkapatsi at uoregon.edu
Mon Apr 22 06:44:00 EDT 2024

Dear colleagues,

I am writing because Gašper Beguš (UC Berkeley) and I are putting together a special issue of Linguistics Vanguard of particular interest to many members of this list. LV is a relatively new journal that aims to publish short, 3000-4000 word articles on cutting-edge issues of interest to linguists). Because the journal is online, multimodal submissions are encouraged.

The issue is on the implications of language learning models (LLMs, other neural networks, Bayesian or instance-based models) for linguistic theory. We are especially interested in model comparisons, but are also open to position papers.

Abstracts will be due July 1, with invitations for full papers to follow. Full papers will be expected in late fall, with the special issue coming out early next year.

The full call and the link to submit abstracts are here: https://blogs.uoregon.edu/ublab/lmlt/

Please feel free to forward to anyone else who might be interested! And also to contact me with any questions

Best,
Volya

--
Vsevolod Kapatsinski