Connectionists: Tenure track position in London

Denis Mareschal ubjta99 at mail.bbk.ac.uk
Thu Apr 11 07:17:21 EDT 2024

The School fo P{sychological Science, Birkbeck University of London is
seeking 2 open ended Lecturers (tenure track Assistant Professors). *We are
particularly interested in applicants with experience of computational
modelling and psychological processes *(e.g., Cognitive Science or
Computational Cognitive Neuroscience).

The department has consistently been ranked within the top 10 research
intensive institutions in the UK. Details of the department can be found
here: https://www.bbk.ac.uk/school/psychological-sciences

We are looking for someone an emerging research track record in all areas
of cognitive neuroscience (especially with practical experience of
neuroimaging and fMRI) and/or cognitive science (including experimental
cognitive psychology and computational modelling), and whose research
interests link broadly with our existing research themes.

This is your chance to be part of a world-class research intensive
department situated in the heart of London's historic Bloomsbury area. *Our
research focuses on four themes: Perception, Attention, Action and Emotion;
Cognitive Computational Modelling; Brain and Cognitive Development; and
Health and Lived Experience.*

Within these themes, research is supported through dedicated research
centres (e.g., Birkbeck/UCL Centre for Neuroimaging BUCNI; Centre for
Cognition, Computation and Modelling, Centre for Brain and Cognitive
Development), research groups and labs.

As a member of our Faculty, you will have access to cutting-edge
facilities. This includes the recently launched £8.5 million Wohl-Wolfson
Toddler lab, complementing our existing Babylab. Additionally, we offer 3T
and 1.5T MRI scanners at the Birkbeck-UCL Centre for Neuroimaging (BUCNI).

Our resources also include a range of advanced equipment and laboratories,
such as fNIRS, eye-tracking, Virtual Reality, multiple EEG systems,
genetics, behavioural and Interpretative Phenomenological Analysis (IPA)
research facilities.

Further details cna application processes can be found here:
https://cis7.bbk.ac.uk/vacancy/lecturer-in-psychology-x2-554898.html

If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Professor
Elisa Raffaella Ferre, Head of School of Psychological Sciences, at
elisa.ferre at bbk.ac.uk.
*We welcome applicants from all sections of the community. The College is
committed to improving the gender and cultural diversity of its workforce,
holding an Athena SWAN award and operating Disability Confident & Mindful
Employer schemes.*
==================================
Professor Denis Mareschal
    Director,
    Centre for Brain and Cognitive Development
    Deputy Head of Department,
    School of Psychological Sciences
    Birkbeck College
    University of London
    Malet St., London
    WC1E 7HX, UK
    tel +44 (0)20 7079-0751/7631-6582 reception: 7631-6207
    fax +44 (0)20 7631-6312
   http://cbcd.bbk.ac.uk/people/scientificstaff/denis-mareschal
<http://eu.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1118725891.html>
Educational Neuroscience Book