Connectionists: Research Summit on Fundamental Challenges for AI. Mountain View, April 15th.

Battleday, Ruairidh battleday at g.harvard.edu
Sun Apr 7 21:25:27 EDT 2024

We are most excited to announce the final line-up and substantially reduced
ticket prices for the AE Spring Summit on Fundamental Challenges for AI
<http://bit.ly/springsummitaievent>. Computer History Museum, Mountain
View; April 15th.

This is a day of keynote talks and panels by leading AI researchers on what
the open problems for ML/AI development are, and promising scientific and
engineering strategies for solving them.

Keynotes

Professor Jay McClelland (Stanford / DeepMind)

Professor Bin Yu (UC Berkeley)

Professor Diyi Yang (Stanford)

Professor Sergey Levine (UC Berkeley)

Panels

New Landscapes for AI Research

New Professional Pathways

Challenges for AI in Biomedicine

Fundamental Challenges

We have invited speakers and representatives from the following five
technical stakeholder groups to this Summit:

Academia

Tech

FROs / nonprofits

Start-up

VCs / Funders

By soliciting answers and discussions from scientists and leaders at these
different groups we hope to also examine what their different roles will be
in the next period of AI research, and to foster the sharing of research.

Full details can be found at www.algopreneurship.org.

This should be an exciting and productive day, and we have made
lower-priced tickets  available for students and early-stage researchers.
Lunch and a reception will be provided.

We look forward to seeing some of you there, and please feel free to share
news about the event on social media.

The Thinking About Thinking Team

Twitter / X:

https://bit.ly/springsummitaix

LinkedIn:

https://bit.ly/springsummitaiLI

--
Dr Ruairidh McLennan Battleday BMBCh (Oxon) PhD

President
Thinking About Thinking <http://www.thinkingaboutthinking.org>

Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Center for Brain Science,