Connectionists: Faculty position at Washington University in St Louis

Goodhill, Geoffrey g.goodhill at wustl.edu
Thu Oct 26 12:34:42 EDT 2023

Assistant Professor Position in Computational Neuroscience

The Department of Neuroscience at Washington University School of Medicine (https://neuroscience.wustl.edu<https://neuroscience.wustl.edu/>) is currently recruiting investigators with the passion to create knowledge, pursue bold visions, and challenge canonical thinking as we expand into our new 600,000 sq ft purpose-built neurosciences research building.

We are now seeking a tenure-track investigator at the level of Assistant Professor to develop an innovative research program in Theoretical/Computational Neuroscience.

Applicants should have a strong background in physics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, or a related field and hold a PhD. The successful candidates will join a thriving theoretical/computational neuroscience community at Washington University, including the new Center for Theoretical and Computational Neuroscience. In addition, the Department also has world-class research strengths in systems, circuits and behavior, cellular and molecular neuroscience using a variety of animal models including worms, flies, zebrafish, rodents and non-human primates. We are particularly interested in outstanding researchers who are both creative and collaborative.

The Department’s focus on fundamental neuroscience, outstanding research support facilities, and the depth, breadth and collegiality of our culture provide an exceptional environment to launch your independent research program.

To apply, submit an application packet including a cover letter describing your interest in our Department, curriculum vitae, a research statement (of no more than 3 pages) to the Faculty Opportunities Portal and arrange for three confidential letters of recommendation to be sent to neurosearch at wustl.edu c/o Professor Linda J. Richards, Head, Department of Neuroscience, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO 63110. The review of applications will begin on November 6, 2023.

Professor Geoffrey J Goodhill
Departments of Developmental Biology and Neuroscience
Director, Center for Theoretical and Computational Neuroscience (ctcn.wustl.edu)
Affiliate appointments: Physics, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, and Electrical and Systems Engineering
660 S. Euclid Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63110
g.goodhill at wustl.edu
https://neuroscience.wustl.edu/people/geoffrey-goodhill-phd