Connectionists: York University seeks to recruit a Computational Neuroscientist at the Assistant or Associate Professor level

Liya Ma liyama at yorku.ca
Fri Oct 20 13:41:26 EDT 2023

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Liya Ma, and I am writing to you as a member of the search committee at the Department of Psychology at York University. We are currently embarking on a search for a highly talented Computational Neuroscientist with a focus on vision-related research, broadly defined.

This unique position is part of the prestigious Canada Research Chairs program<https://www.chairs-chaires.gc.ca/program-programme/index-eng.aspx> (CRC) and is also supported by the Vision: Science to Applications (VISTA) program<https://vista.info.yorku.ca/>. We are actively looking for candidates to fill this role at either the Assistant or Associate Professor level, depending on qualifications and experience (within 10 years from their terminal degree). Recognizing the underrepresentation of women and gender minorities among CRCs, this position is open only to qualified researchers who indicate on the Affirmative Action self-identification form that they identify as women or gender non-conforming.

If you could kindly help us by distributing this call for applications to any colleagues or contacts you believe may be interested or suitable for this position, we would greatly appreciate your assistance in reaching potential candidates.

Please see the ad at: https://www.yorku.ca/vpepc/faculty-affairs/faculty-positions/

https://www.yorku.ca/vpepc/faculty-affairs/wp-content/uploads/sites/698/2020/06/HH_CRC_ComNeuro_.pdf

Best regards,

Liya

Liya Ma, PhD
She/Her
Assistant Professor, Tier II Canada Research Chair
Visual Neurophysiology Centre
Dept. of Psychology
York University
https://www.cogneurophys.org/