Connectionists: [meetings] AI and Robotics in Precision Agriculture - Workshop at I-RIM 2023, 21/10/2023 Rome, Italy

Vito Trianni vito.trianni at istc.cnr.it
Sun Oct 15 05:32:09 EDT 2023

— apologies for multiple postings —

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

The workshop on AI and Robotics for Precision Agriculture will take place during the forthcoming I-RIM 2023 conference (https://i-rim.it/en/i-rim-conference-2023/), to be held in Rome, Italy, on October the 21st 2023, from 15.30 to 18:30.
Event information at: http://www.agrorama.it/airap.html

— Aim and scope —
Precision agriculture relies on the use of accurate data about field health and crop growth status to be able to define the best management strategies and adopt solutions targeted at the individual plant. To obtain increasingly accurate data, AI and Robotics are making their way into the national and international market.
This workshop proposes an overview of the Italian excellence from various projects
focused on the application of
 AI and Robotics to Precision Agriculture
The invited presentations focus on
recent achievements as well as on the perspectives that AI and robotics can open within the agri-tech landscape

— Workshop Program —
Matteo Matteucci, Politecnico di Milano — Evaluation of AI and robotics advancements in agricultural robotics
today and tomorrow
Martina Lippi, Università Roma Tre — Towards human-robot collaboration paradigm in precision agriculture settings
Gabriele Costante, Università di Perugia — Autonomous MAV and UGV for agricultural applications:
past experiences, ongoing projects and future perspectives
Lorenzo Scalera, Università degli Studi di Udine — Recent trends in mobile robotics
for autonomous mapping in agriculture
Vito Trianni, CNR-ISTC — Active field monitoring by UAV swarms
Adriano Mancini, UNIVPM — Harvesting Knowledge: AI in Precision Agriculture for a Better Decision Support
Annalisa Milella, CNR-STIIMA — Advanced and interoperable perception systems
for in-field crop monitoring by a farmer robot

— Location, participation and registration —
The workshop will take place at Fiera di Roma, co-located with the I-RIM 2023 conference (https://i-rim.it/en/i-rim-conference-2023) and the Maker Faire Rome 2023 (https://makerfairerome.eu/).
To attend the workshop, it is necessary to register to the I-RIM 2023 conference, either to the full event of for a single day.
See all the registration options at https://i-rim.it/en/registration-2023/

— Workshop Chairs —
Vito Trianni, ISTC-CNR
Andrea Gasparri, RomaTre University
Daniele Nardi, Sapienza University of Rome

Vito Trianni, Ph.D.					vito.trianni@(no_spam)istc.cnr.it
ISTC-CNR						http://www.istc.cnr.it/people/vito-trianni
Via San Martino della Battaglia 44		Tel: +39 06 44595277
00185 Roma						Fax: +39 06 44595243
Italy