Connectionists: Research Fellowship on Emerging Topics in Robotics

Daniel Polani daniel.polani at gmail.com
Sat May 20 20:48:02 EDT 2023

Research Fellowship on Emerging Topics in Robotics

University of Hertfordshire (UH), UK
Adaptive Systems Research Group (Head of Group: Daniel Polani)

Application deadline: 14. June 2023

We seek a full-time Research Fellow to join our group with the aim to
conduct research in novel and emerging approaches in
robotics. Examples of our interests include

  - models of intrinsic motivation
  - inter human-like interaction patterns
  - models for robotic competence extension beyond the training domain
  - novel approaches sensorimotor loop design
  - systematic, principled exploitation of embodiment

however, other innovative, forward-loooking and out-of-the-box topics
will also be considered with interest.

As a Research Fellow, you will join the enthusiastic and dynamic
Adaptive Systems Research Group in the Department of Computer Science
at the School of Physics, Engineering and Computer Science (SPECS), at
the University of Hertfordshire in the UK. Hatfield is very
conveniently located in easy reach of Heathrow, Luton and Stansted
Airport, and 25 minutes by train from Kings Cross, London.

Please see the full advert under:

https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/CZX256/research-fellow-in-emerging-topics-in-robotics

I will be happy to answer any further questions. Please contact me under:

Daniel Polani (d.polani at herts.ac.uk)