Connectionists: 9th SIPTA seminar: Thierry Denoeux ("Random fuzzy sets and belief functions: application to machine learning") 24th May

sdesterc sebastien.destercke at hds.utc.fr
Wed May 10 16:46:23 EDT 2023

Dear colleagues,

We are delighted to announce our upcoming ninth SIPTA online seminar on imprecise probabilities (IP). These monthly events are open to anyone interested in IP, and will be followed by a Q&A and open discussion. They also provide an occasion for the community to meet, keep in touch and exchange between in-person events.

The ninth seminar will take place on the 24th of May (Wednesday).

The zoom link for this seminar is https://utc-fr.zoom.us/j/88348911948

For this ninth seminar, we are very happy to have Thierry Denoeux as our speaker. Frank Riedel is Professor at the Université de Technologie de Compiègne, as well as senior member of the Institut Universitaire de France, editor in chief of the International Journal of Approximate Reasoning, and president of the Belief Functions and Applications Society. He has made many core contribution to the theory of belief function and its use in engineering, machine learning and statistics.

On the 24th of May, at 15:00 CET:paris time (up to 17:00 CET, with a talk duration of 45min/1h), he will talk about "Random fuzzy sets and belief functions: application to machine learning”. Curious? Then check out the abstract on the webpage of the SIPTA seminars: sipta.org/events/sipta-seminars. The zoom link for attending the seminar can be found on that same page. So please mark your calendars on the 24th May, at 15:00 CET, and join us for the occasion.

And for those who missed the previous seminar and want to catch up, or simply want to see it again and again, it is now online at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd_V5u52s_k.

See you at the seminar!

Sébastien, Enrique and Jasper

--