Connectionists: INCE-2024 Save the date

Dr. David Goyer d.goyer at fz-juelich.de
Wed Aug 23 07:14:38 EDT 2023

Dear Colleague,

On behalf of the organizing committee, and our honorary chair Giacomo
Indiveri, I would like to draw your attention to a very special event
next year. This will the *International Conference on Neuromorphic
Computing and Engineering (ICNCE)*, to be held in *Aachen Germany June
3-6, 2024*. For details please visit our website
(https://www.icnce-2024.de/).

This conference is planned as a *t**ruly interdisciplinary**event*. We
intend to bring many communities together that are working to expand our
understandingof the human brain, and to engineer brain-inspired
technologies of low power and increased computational abilities as well
as their application in present and future AI systems.The location is
the Eurogress, in the heart of the historic city of Aachen, with close
connections to RWTH University and nearby Forschungszentrum Jülich.

Participants will span international practitioners from the fields of
*electrical engineering, neuroscience and computational neuroscience,
information technology, materials science, physics,****computer science
and artificial intelligence, philosophy and ethics*. In addition, we
plan to have industry presentations, some of which will be
cross-disciplinary.Among others, Jochen Hanebeck (CEO, Infineon),
Barbara de Salvo (Meta, still under reservation) and Abu Sebastian (IBM
Research) have already confirmed their participation.Furthermore, we are
also planning an industrial and a poster exhibition.

Today we would like to ask you to *save the date*. Further information
will follow.

Sincerely,

Markus Diesmann – Computational and Systems Neuroscience,
Forschungszentrum Jülich
Co-Chair of the ICNCE 2024

also on behalf of the co-chairs
Bastian Leibe – Computer Vision, RWTH Aachen & AI Center
Max Lemme – Electronic Devices, RWTH Aachen & AMO GmbH
Rainer Waser - Electronic Materials, RWTH Aachen & Forschungszentrum Jülich

--
Dr. David Goyer
Scientific Coordinator

Institute of Neuroscience and Medicine (INM-6)
Computational and Systems Neuroscience &
Institute for Advanced Simulation (IAS-6)
Theoretical Neuroscience
Jülich Research Centre and JARA Jülich
Germany
phone: +49-1756402993
Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
52425 Jülich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir Stefan Müller
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Astrid Lambrecht (Vorsitzende),
Karsten Beneke (stellv. Vorsitzender), Dr. Ir. Pieter Jansens