Connectionists: Announcing the “XAI in Action : Past, Present, and Future Applications” workshop at NeurIPS 2023

Chhavi Yadav chhavi at nyu.edu
Sat Aug 19 10:25:29 EDT 2023

Dear all,

We are happy to announce our workshop “XAI in Action : Past, Present, and
Future Applications” is coming to NeurIPS 2023! The workshop brings
together domain experts and researchers to facilitate discussions and forge
collaborations on the opportunities and constraints of XAI and its impact
across different domains.

As AI models continue to advance in complexity and sophistication,
understanding how they work and make decisions is becoming increasingly
challenging. This challenge has prompted a surge of research into
developing methods and tools that can enhance the transparency and
explainability of these models. Nowadays, there are many such methods
available, to the point that their specific applications have become
somewhat unclear.

This workshop will specifically explore the diverse applications of
explainable artificial intelligence (XAI) methods in various areas. The
areas will include, but not limited to, XAI in Healthcare, Natural Science,
Auditing, Fairness, Natural Language Processing and Law. By examining the
use of XAI in these fields, the workshop will provide attendees with
insights into the latest trends and challenges within the different domains.
Topics covered (but not limited to)

   -

   Examine various applications of XAI from the past and present
   -

   Discuss potential applications of XAI in the future
   -

   Identify the obstacles that hinder progress in each use case and how can
   we overcome them
   -

   Explore the necessary methodological requirements for applying XAI

   -

   Identify new domains where XAI can be useful in the future
   -

   Understand the inherent limitations of XAI
   -

   Explore whether insights gained from one use case can be transferred to
   other use cases

When? The workshop will take place on 16 December 2023

Deadline for submissions? 22 September 2023 AoE

Where? New Orleans, USA

Who? We have a set of distinguished speakers and panelists, including Kush
Varshney, Sameer Singh, Julius Adebayo <julius.adebayo at gmail.com>, Ulrike
Luxburg <ulrike.luxburg at uni-tuebingen.de>, Leilani Gilpin <lgilpin at ucsc.edu>

Where can I find out more? At our website:
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://sites.google.com/view/scis-workshop-23__;!!Mih3wA!CpZ88dTvkDRZ7ZlByJoTzkUmevDpAesR6Lb-dIGlmOSYRvqxsGijfv7eMtIn0U-BXrLkTPLxd9stcp4$>
https://xai-in-action.github.io/

Interested in submitting your work?

We invite submissions in two tracks.

Full paper track: In this track, we invite papers up to 6 pages with
unlimited references and supplementary materials.

Demo track: In this track, we invite papers up to 4 pages that demonstrate
software libraries, XAI-related frameworks, visualization tools, or
applications of machine learning that involve a major XAI component.
Accepted demos will present live demonstrations during the poster session.

We encourage submissions that incorporate interpretability or explainable
AI, particularly those that focus on real-world applications. Check
out our call
for papers <https://xai-in-action.github.io/calls.html> for further details.

If you are interested in reviewing, sign up here
<https://forms.gle/AR4QKZPfz257ffMQ7>.

For updates follow : @XAI_in_Action <https://twitter.com/XAI_in_Action>

Further Questions? Reach out to us at appliedxai.neurips2023 at gmail.com

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions & see you at the workshop!

Thank you,

Chhavi Yadav, Michal Moshkovitz,  Nave Frost, Suraj Srinivas, Valentyn
Boreiko, Bingqing Chen, Kamalika Chaudhuri, Himabindu Lakkaraju, Zico Kolter,
Dotan Di Castro
ReplyForward