Connectionists: PostDoc position in Statistical Sampling/Optimization/Machine Learning

ISCL UU isclab.uu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 08:22:34 EDT 2023

Dear all,

Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position in our group <https://www.prashantsingh.se/> at the Division of Scientific Computing, Department of Information Technology, Uppsala University, Sweden, in the area of statistical sampling/optimal design of experiments. The problem setting is close in spirit to active learning and sequential sampling, and involves the solution of optimization problems for formulating informative design of scientific experiments (our target domain is microbiome studies).

Requirements:
- Strong mathematical background
- Interest/experience in non-convex optimization and/or active learning is a plus
- Excellent academic record
- Interest in interdisciplinary research
- Good teamwork/collaboration skills

Starting date: Negotiable
Deadline: 02 May 2023

Application Details: https://www.uu.se/en/about-uu/join-us/details/?positionId=607267