Connectionists: PhD Position in Psychology at Ghent University

Clay Holroyd holroyd at uvic.ca
Sat Nov 16 12:08:00 EST 2019

PhD Position in Psychology at Ghent University

The Learning and Cognitive Control Lab is recruiting a highly motivated PhD student for a 4-year position at the Department of Experimental Psychology, Ghent University (Belgium). The position is funded by a European Research Council Advanced Grant, “Cracking the Anterior Cingulate Cortex Code: Toward a Unified Theory of ACC Function” ( https://cordis.europa.eu/project/rcn/216511/factsheet/en ).

Our department provides a vibrant and collaborative research environment that include several groups investigating the cognitive neuroscience of cognitive control and decision making. The available facilities include a research-dedicated 3T Siemens Magnetom Trio MRI scanner, EEG, TMS, eye-tracking, and an MR-compatible EEG system. Our seminar programs enable staff and students to engage with leading researchers from across the world.

The successful candidate will conduct functional magnetic resonance imaging experiments following a model-based cognitive neuroscience approach (for an example of our approach, see doi 10.1073/pnas.1803650115 ). There are also opportunities in the department to conduct EEG, pupillometry and TMS experiments. Candidates are expected to have a Master’s degree in psychology, cognitive neuroscience, or a closely related discipline at the time of the starting date. Candidates with prior fMRI training as well as good programming skills (Python, Matlab) would be excellent for this position.

The position can start any time between February 1st 2020 and July 1st 2020. The call closes on January 5th 2020.

Interested candidates should email their CV, a statement of research interests, and have three letters of reference forwarded to Clay Holroyd at clay.holroyd at ugent.be. Inquiries may be directed to him at this email address.