Connectionists: 1 predoc in co-supervision at the frontiers between computational and clinical sciences @ Bilbao, Spain

Asier Erramuzpe Aliaga asier.erramuzpe at gmail.com
Fri May 25 05:48:47 EDT 2018

To all interested,

In the *group of Neurodegenerative Diseases and the Computational
Neuroimaging Group of the Biocruces Health Research Institute*, we are
looking for a *candidate interested in carrying out the doctoral thesis* in
Biomedicine.

At the present time we are looking for* a candidate to apply for 2018
predoctoral funding calls (Basque Government, FPI of MINECO and other state
predoctoral grants)*.

A candidate is searched with the following *profile*:

- *Degree in engineering, physics or mathematics*

- Knowledge in *Computer Vision and programming (Matlab, Python, R)*

- *Advanced English level *(demonstrable with official degree - C1)

- *Good academic record *(average score higher than 7.0)

We are two consolidated groups in the field of neurodegenerative and
neuroimaging diseases.

One of our main lines of research is the *identification of neuroimaging
biomarkers in genetic forms of Parkinson's disease* and other
neurodegenerative diseases.

Specifically, both groups collaborated on a *longitudinal neuroimaging
project in patients with Parkinson's *with *more than 100 participants that
started in 2014* and which is being *funded by the Carlos III Health
Institute, the Basque Government and the Michael J Fox Foundation*.

The candidate would develop his doctoral thesis *under the supervision of
Iñigo Gabilondo* (Neurologist of the Group of Neurodegenerative Diseases) *and
Jesús Cortés* (Physicist and Coordinator of Computational Neuroimaging
Group) based on the data of the aforementioned project, working with *brain
magnetic resonance and retina optical coherence tomography images*.

Those interested in applying with us, must *send their CV and a letter of
motivation* to *Iñigo Gabilondo *( igabilon at gmail.com) *before June 15,
2018*.

For *more information about our research groups*, visit:
https://www.biocruces.org/

Greetings,