Connectionists: FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS - 2018 IEEE 5th Latin-American Conference on Computational Intelligence (IEEE LA-CCI 2018)

Prof. Fernando Buarque fbln at ecomp.poli.br
Sat May 19 08:44:53 EDT 2018

Dear Colleagues,

-Greetings from Latin America!

On the behalf of the organizers, I am glad to invite you and your
lab-members to submit your recent results to the

*        -2018 IEEE – 5th Latin-American Conference on Computational
Intelligence (IEEE LA-CCI 2018)*

Your students may also be willing to participate at the inspiring:

*        -2018 IEEE LA-CCI School on Computational Intelligence &
Applications (IEEE SSo-CIA 2018)*

*        -2018 LA-CCI Theses Contest on Computational Intelligence &
Applications *

In 2018, our event will be held in Guadalajara-Mexico, on November, 7-9th.
Again, this edition is supported by IEEE-CIS, as well

as by CI Societies and Research Groups from Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil,
Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico (Host), Peru and Venezuela

*"LA-CCI is an exciting international event on Computational Intelligence
held in Latin America to colleagues worldwide"*

Please do send your manuscripts and let us all meet in Guadalajara, one of
the major

technology hubs and a lively cultural heritage of Mexico! We have 10
confirmed great key-speakers.

Cordially, Fernando Buarque
Prof. Fernando Buarque <http://fbln.pro.br/images/FBLN_Footer.jpg>, BSc MSc
DIC PhD(UK) Hab(BR) AvH Fellow(DE), Senior Memb. IEEE(USA), Accred. Res.
CNPq(BR)
Associate Professor - School  of Engineering/University of Pernambuco-UPE,
Brazil (POLI <http://www.poli.br/>/UPE <http://www.poli.br/>)
Adjunct Professor     - Electrical&Computer Engineering/Texas A&M
University, USA (ECE at TAMU
<http://engineering.tamu.edu/electrical/people/buarque-de-lima-neto-fernando>
)
Visiting Professor      - School of Business and Economics-European
Research Center for IS/University of Münster, Germany (ERCIS
<https://www.wi.uni-muenster.de/department/logistik/people/fernando-buarque>
)
Visiting Professor      - Electrical Engineering/University of
Johannesburg, South Africa (Kingsway Campus
<http://virtualtour.co.za/clients/University/index.html>)

*** Further information about the event is as follows:

*IMPORTANT DATES*

PAPERS:

   -Submissions: *June 4, 2018 NEW*

   -Notification of acceptance: July 2, 2018

   -Final version of all accepted papers: July 16, 2018

THESES CONTEST:

   -Theses Contest Deadline: July 2, 2018

   -Theses Contest Result Notification: July 16, 2018

AOB

   -Early registration: July 16, 2018

*KEY-SPEAKERS (CONFIRMED):*

   -Carlos Coello, Mexico
   -Carlos Lopez-Franco, Mexico
   -Esteban A. Hernandez-Vargas, Germany
   -Hojjat Adeli, USA
   -Jagannathan Sarangapani, USA
   -Nancy Arana-Daniel, Mexico
   -Oscar Castillo, Mexico
   -Patricia Melin, Mexico
   -Paul Werbos, USA
   -Vicenzo Piuri, Italy

*WEB-LINKS:*
     -THE CONFERENCE WEBSITE LINK                => http://la-cci.org/
     -FOR SUBMITTING YOUR LATEST WORK        => https://easychair.org/
conferences/?conf=2018ieeelacci

     -FINAL-CFP (**FEEL FREE TO DISTRIBUTE**)    =>
http://la-cci.org/la-cci-2018/call-for-papers-2018/

     -School on CI & Applications                            =>
http://la-cci.org/la-cci-2018/summer-school-on-computational-intelligence-and-applications-ssocia-2018/

     -Theses Competition                                         =>
http://la-cci.org/la-cci-2018/theses-competition-2018/

*CONFERENCE-TRACKS:*

I)   *Evolutionary & Swarm Computation*: Genetic Algorithms, Genetic
Programming, Artificial Immune Systems, Swarm Intelligence, Collective
Intelligence, Evolvable Hardware, Bio-inspired Methods.

II)  *Neural & Learning Systems*: Neural Networks, Machine Learning,
Complex Systems, Molecular and Quantum Computing, Complex Networks.

III) *Fuzzy & Stochastic Modeling*: Fuzzy Systems, Fuzzy Control & Decision
Making, Uncertainty Analysis, Rough Sets, Fractals, Multiagent Systems,
Reinforcement Learning, Game Theory.

*OTHER ACTIVITIES:*

    -Summer School, Theses contest, Round-tables, Cultural tours and more.