Connectionists: 8th Annual Brain-Art Competition @ OHBM open for submissions!

Daniel Margulies daniel.margulies at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 06:16:29 EDT 2018

In order to recognize the beauty and creativity of artistic renderings
emerging from the neuroimaging community, we are launching the eighth
annual Brain-Art Competition.

Countless hours are devoted to the creation of informative visualizations
for communicating neuroscientific findings. The Brain-Art Competition aims
to recognize this often unappreciated aspect of the publication process,
and highlight the artistic creativity of our community.

We are inviting researchers to submit their favorite unpublished works for
entry. Both team and single-person entries are welcomed. The competition
will have six award categories:

1. Best Representation of the Human Connectome
2. Best Abstract Brain Illustration
3. Best Humorous Brain Illustration
4. Best Video Illustration of the Brain
5. Updating classics
6. Special Topic: Comparative neuroanatomy

The last two categories are new additions for the 2018 competition:

"Updating classics" invites submissions that bring fresh ideas, data, and
visualization techniques to famous illustrations from the neuroscience
canon.

With the increasing availability of non-human brain data, the special topic
in "comparative neuroanatomy" invites submissions that address the
visualization challenge of translating findings across species. How can
cross-species information be more effectively be presented?

Submission Deadline: 11:59PM CDT, Wednesday, June 6th, 2018

Award Notification: Monday, June 18th, 2018

For more information, check out the competition details: http://www.
neurobureau.org/brainart/