Connectionists: Research Scientist positions at Spotify Research, London

Rishabh Mehrotra erishabh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 14:26:09 EDT 2018

*TL;DR:* Full time research positions at Spotify Research in London. Apply
here <https://www.spotifyjobs.com/job/research-scientist-ohqf6fwc/>.

We are looking for Research Scientists for Spotify’s User Engagement
organization. User Engagement is a high impact team that is building the
next generation technologies aimed at making every user interaction with
Spotify amazing through personalization and discovery. Our goal is to
deliver the right content to the right user at the right time in order to
maximize engagement.

We’re looking for talented research scientists who have applied experience
in the field of Machine Learning, Machine Intelligence, User Behavioral
Analysis, IR, NLP, and more broadly, AI. You will be part of an
interdisciplinary team focusing on ensuring that the foundations of Spotify
technologies are at or above the state of the art and, in the process,
redefine the state of the art for the field and contributing to the wider
research community by publishing papers. Our team has strong ties
internally to product groups as well as externally to the research
community.

The User Engagement team works on some of Spotify’s key features –
personalized playlists such as Discover Weekly and Daily Mix, the Home
view, and Search. Our projects are intended to take on some of technology’s
greatest challenges and make impact on millions of users. Some of the
challenges our team is working on include developing terascale solutions
for understanding and interpreting user interaction signals, understanding
user success with short term & long term metrics, developing
algorithmically curated playlists and other challenges in machine learning
and user understanding.

*What you’ll do:*

   - You will participate in cutting edge research in machine intelligence,
   user understanding and machine learning applications.
   - You will apply your scientific knowledge to analyze data, perform
   statistical analyses, identify problems, devise solutions and construct
   methodologies, including metrics and best practices, and conduct
   experiments to validate these.
   - You will work in collaboration with other scientists, analysts and
   engineers across Spotify to design creative solutions to challenging
   problems.
   - You will have product impact, while working on and further develop
   Spotify’s long-term research roadmap.

*Who you are:*

   - You have a PhD in Computer Science, Data Science, or related areas
   with a strong computational focus.
   - You will have a strong knowledge of data mining, machine learning or
   evaluation with experience in machine learning, deep learning, optimization
   techniques, information retrieval and/or natural language understanding.
   - You have publications in communities such as WWW, SIGIR, WSDM, RecSys,
   CHI, KDD, AAAI, ACL, NIPS, ICML, or related, in the following topics:
   - user understanding: music cognition, metrics and evaluation, large
   scale experimentation
   - matching: information retrieval, recommendation, machine learning
   - You possess solid hands-on skills in sourcing, cleaning, manipulating,
   analyzing, visualizing and modeling of real data.
   - You have a passion for making sense of user behavior, using any
   available methods.
   - You are a creative problem-solver who is passionate about digging into
   complex problems and devising new approaches to reach results.

We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
disability status.

*Applications:*
https://www.spotifyjobs.com/job/research-scientist-ohqf6fwc/
https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/research-scientist-at-spotify-615388733/