Connectionists: [review] Adaptive Control Strategies for Interlimb Coordination in Legged Robots: A Review

Poramate Manoonpong poma at mmmi.sdu.dk
Fri Sep 22 02:59:49 EDT 2017

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to introduce you to the recent publication of our literature review on "Adaptive Control Strategies for Interlimb Coordination in Legged Robots" [1].

In this review, we introduce adaptive interlimb coordination for legged robots induced by various factors (locomotion speed, environmental situation, body properties, and task) and show characteristic properties of adaptive interlimb coordination, such as gait hysteresis and different time-scale adaptations. We also discuss the underlying mechanisms and control strategies to achieve adaptive interlimb coordination and the design principle for the control system of legged robots.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome.

Best regards,

Poramate Manoonpong on behalf of Shinya Aoi, Yuichi Ambe, Fumitoshi Matsuno, and Florentin Wörgötter

 [1] http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fnbot.2017.00039/full