Connectionists: practopoiesis, the movie

Danko Nikolić danko.nikolic at googlemail.com
Mon May 1 05:48:09 EDT 2017

Dear connectionists,

Given that practopoiesis has turned out to be a theory not so easy to
grasp, some of us thought it would be a good idea to create an animated
video that explains the theory in a simple and intuitive way. Also, it
would be advantageous if the video is entertaining.

I am very excited to inform you that we have just created such a video,
and you can watch it here:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIzsz03X8qc

In only 8 minutes, the video explains the main implications of the
theory, telling us what we presumably need to change if we want to
understand the brain ... and also if want to successfully model it.

I hope you find it inspiring and helpful in your own work in
computational neuroscience and other brain problems.

My thanks to everyone who worked on getting this video to be produced.
It was a lot of work. From starting to write the script to posting a
finished product on YouTube, it took about one year.

I hope you enjoy it.

Best,

Danko

P.S. As always, comments are welcome.

Prof. Dr. Danko Nikolić
Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Sciences
Lead Data Scientist, BD&A, DXC Technology
Web:
http://www.danko-nikolic.com

---