Connectionists: Interdisciplinary College 2018: "Me, my Self, and I" // March 9-16, 2018 // Early-bird registration deadline: January 7, 2018

tarek.besold at googlemail.com tarek.besold at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 15 12:24:44 EST 2017

=== Interdisciplinary College 2018: "Me, my Self, and I" ===

Date: March 9-16, 2018

Location: Guenne at Lake Moehne, Germany

Website: https://www.interdisciplinary-college.de/

Early-bird registration deadline: January 7, 2018

### Executive summary ###

The next IK will be held from 9-16 March 2018, with the focus theme "Me, my
Self, and I".  This focus theme addresses questions such as:

*	Who am I?
*	Where is my self?
*	What is it like to be me?

In doing so, different aspects of self-models, self-perception, and
self-consciousness will be approached using different epistemic and
theoretical approaches in a truly interdisciplinary fashion.

IK2018 aims to provide an open space for debate and a framework of courses
that should enable participants to extend their knowledge in various
disciplines. They will help to establish informed opinions about questions
pertaining to the concept I, the self, and personhood. More precisely,
perspectives of different disciplines will be used to approach the focus
theme: Biology to investigate the evolution and development self-models in
animals and computer science to see if and how one can create artificial
selves and what one can learn from them. Philosophy to discuss concepts of
self-models, self-perception, and ethics. Clinical disciplines to
investigate what happens when self-models are altered or disrupted by
pathologies or unusual states of mind. And finally, arts as a form of
self-expression and source of self-reflection. More information can be found
on http://www.interdisciplinary-college.de.

---

Tarek R. Besold, PhD

WWW: http://www.cat-ai.org <http://www.cat-ai.org/>