Connectionists: Positions for PhD students and postdocs: Structure, function and theory of olfactory memory circuits.

Peter Rupprecht peter.rupprecht at yahoo.de
Tue Apr 25 03:44:04 EDT 2017

Dear all,
There are PhD and PostDoc positions available in the lab of my PhD supervisor, Prof. Rainer Friedrich at the FMI in Basel/Switzerland,  as of now. Please find enclosed a job description.
Best regards,Peter
--
Positions for PhD students and postdocs: Structure, function and theory of olfactory memory circuits. Open positions for PhD students and postdocs are available in the Friedrich lab at the Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research (FMI) in Basel, Switzerland (http://www.fmi.ch/friedrich.r/). We explore neuronal circuit plasticity underlying memory formation in recurrent networks of the olfactory bulb and cortex using juvenile and adult zebrafish as models. Positions are available for projects funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNF) and by the European Research Council (ERC). Projects cover multiple areas of neuroscience including population coding, connectomics, learning and memory, optogenetics and computational neuroscience. The Friedrich group provides a stimulating environment within the FMI, a world-class basic research institute with excellent internal support (www.fmi.ch). The group is highly interdisciplinary and encourages open communication and collaboration. We encourage applications of candidates with different backgrounds including neurophysiology, molecular neurobiology, physics, mathematics and computer science. Basel is a vibrant city in the center of Europe and offers a rich cultural life. Are you interested? Then find out more about how to apply at http://www.fmi.ch/Careers/JobDetails.html?jobID=213.