Connectionists: WORKSHOP ANNOUNCEMENT - Machine Learning meets Biology: Algorithms and Cortical Mechanisms

Muller Eilif Benjamin eilif.mueller at epfl.ch
Fri Apr 21 11:42:12 EDT 2017

WORKSHOP ANNOUNCEMENT

"Machine Learning meets Biology:

Algorithms and Cortical Mechanisms"

Thurs. May 4th, 2017

09h00 - 18h00

B1 6th Floor

Campus Biotech

Chemin des Mines 9

1202, Geneva

Switzerland

OVERVIEW

EPFL's Blue Brain Project invites you to participate in a day of scientific talks presented by leading experts in the fields of machine learning, artificial intelligence, and simulation neuroscience.  In addition to the talks, the workshop will include informal, round-table style discussions, and opportunities for networking.

This event aims to encourage informal discussion and exchange of ideas between the simulation neuroscience and machine learning communities through open discourse.  We thereby hope to facilitate ongoing efforts to bridge the gap between outcome and performance-oriented research in the field of machine intelligence, and the mechanistic and process-oriented focus of fundamental neuroscience, while providing an opportunity for synergistic collaboration.

REGISTRATION

?For additional information and registration, please see our event webpage:

http://bluebrain.epfl.ch/page-143786-en.html

Alternatively, to register immediately, click the following link:

https://goo.gl/forms/e7uRbHLtLbAqqLNt1?

Registration is free, and open to the public.

We hope you will join us for this unique event.

On behalf of the organizing committee:

Taylor Newton, Fabien Delalondre, Marc-Oliver Gewaltig,

Eilif Muller, Henry Markram

-------------
Dr. Eilif Muller
Section Manager - Simulation Neuroscience - Cells & Circuits
Task Leader - Community Engagement - HBP Brain Simulation SP

EPFL - Blue Brain Project
Biotech Campus
Chemin des Mines 9
1202 Geneva