Connectionists: Born to Learn: the Inspiration, Progress, and Future of Evolved Plastic Neural Networks

Andrea Soltoggio A.Soltoggio at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Apr 20 09:09:04 EDT 2017

Dear connectionists,

We would like to draw your attention to a new review paper titled:

Born to Learn: the Inspiration, Progress, and Future of Evolved Plastic
Neural Networks https://arxiv.org/abs/1703.10371

which is centred particularly on the topic of evolving to learn, or
learning to learn, a theme that is gathering momentum in machine learning,
see e.g. the DARPA Lifelong Learning Machines (L2M).

After the inspiration principles, the paper reviews studies that have
evolved plastic neural networks. We would like to make sure all studies on
this topic are included, so if you are aware of any we forgot, please send
us an email with a bibtex reference and a short explanation, and we'll
consider its relevance. Please note that, given the wide scope of the
review, we are will be able to consider for inclusion only studies that
evolved plastic networks.

Regards,

Andrea Soltoggio and Sebastian Risi

--