Connectionists: machine learning faculty position at Portland State University

Melanie Mitchell mm at pdx.edu
Wed Oct 26 12:03:30 EDT 2016

The Computer Science Department at Portland State University (in Portland, Oregon) invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in machine learning / data science.   On the machine learning side, we are looking for applicants in neural networks, probabilistic modeling, optimization, reinforcement learning, or any other area of modern ML.     We are a growing, research-oriented department with low teaching loads, an active PhD program, and excellent collaborations with local tech industry, including Intel.  Portland is a beautiful, liveable city with vast opportunities for cultural and outdoor recreation.  For more information, and instructions on applying, go to http://www.pdx.edu/computer-science/open-faculty-positions <http://www.pdx.edu/computer-science/open-faculty-positions>

— Melanie Mitchell