Connectionists: Microsoft Research Cambridge (UK) - Artificial Intelligence, 2-year Postdoc Researcher positions

Sebastian Nowozin nowozin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 04:31:30 EDT 2016

Microsoft Research Cambridge (UK)  2-year Postdoc Researcher positions

Application deadline: 20th November 2016

Microsoft AI and Research works with the world's best researchers, moving with
the current of technology as it rapidly evolves.  Together we share the
motivation to seek innovative solutions to the world's toughest challenges and
improve the lives of people everywhere.

Microsoft Research Cambridge (UK) is searching for exceptional postdoc
candidates in the area of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, or a
related field.

The Machine Intelligence and Perception (MIP) group at Microsoft Research
Cambridge is active in these areas:

  * Artificial Intelligence
  * Deep Learning
  * Machine Learning
  * Computer Vision
  * Natural Language Processing

The recent research focus of the group included:

  * Knowledge representation and reasoning
  * Conversation and text interaction modelling
  * Learning program synthesis
  * Rich agent environments and reinforcement learning

The MIP group is part of the larger Microsoft Research Cambridge lab which
hosts 120 full-time researchers and collaboratively pursues research on
systems and networking, human experience and design, programming principles
and tools, synthetic biology, and medical imaging.

Postdoc positions provide the freedom to pursue own ambitious research ideas
as well as to interact with ongoing research projects across the lab.

About Microsoft Research Cambridge
----------------------------------

"At Microsoft Research in Cambridge, our open and unconstrained approach to
research, coupled with the bold and inquisitive minds of our researchers and
engineers, has seen our lab produce contributions to Microsoft's most
successful products and services, as well as key contributions to the academic
community. But, we have just scratched the surface of what technology can do
for us. We are continuing to push the boundaries of computing to create
ubiquitous technologies with the potential to transform our lives."

  -- Professor Christopher M. Bishop
     Laboratory Director, Microsoft Research Cambridge

Deadlines
---------

The postdoc position is for a term of two years and comes with a highly
competitive compensation and benefits package.

  * Application deadline: 20th November 2016
  * Position starting date: Flexible upon hire, starting date within 2017

How to apply:

  1. Visit https://careers.research.microsoft.com/
  2. Choose "Apply" and provide all professional details, including the name
     of three references.
  3. Indicate that your research area of interest is "Machine Intelligence and
     Perception" and that your location preference is "Cambridge".
  4. Include "Sebastian Nowozin" as the name of a Microsoft Research contact.
  5. Ensure that you have successfully submitted the application.

The application should include a curriculum vitae (CV), summary of past
research (2 pages maximum), three referees, and a research statement
(approximately 2-4 pages) which takes into account the unique opportunities
provided by the Microsoft Research environment.

Reference letters can only be requested once the application has been
submitted and may be only requested for some candidates and some referees.

Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products,
the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our
workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the
global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate
differences become increasingly important.  Women and minorities are
encouraged to apply.

Further information

Further information is available at the following websites.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/careers/
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/lab/microsoft-research-cambridge/
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/group/machine-intelligence-and-percepti

Contact
-------

For informal questions regarding the position, please contact
Sebastian Nowozin (Sebastian.Nowozin at microsoft.com).