Connectionists: 3rd Model-based Neuroscience Summer School, Amsterdam

Jane Neumann neumann at cbs.mpg.de
Wed Mar 30 06:09:58 EDT 2016

Dear colleagues,

June 27-July 1 2016 will see the third Model-Based Neuroscience Summer
School, hosted at the University of Amsterdam.

The summer school will provide students with hands-on experience in both
cognitive modeling using diffusion and accumulator models and simple
neuroscience methods. The program includes a series of lectures on
model-based decision neuroscience in both humans and non-human primates
from experts including Michael Shadlen, Gordon Logan, Andrew Heathcote,
Uta Noppeney, Brandon Turner, Jane Neumann, and Birte Forstmann.

*The summer school is aimed at PhD students and early postdocs who wish
to combine cognitive modeling with experimental and theoretical
neuroscience research. Students should be familiar with general
programming concepts and state in their application which programming
languages and software packages they typically use. *

The summer school will be co-located at the University of Amsterdam with
a one-day symposium on model-based neuroscience of mind wandering, to be
held on July 2 2016. The symposium will involve a series of lectures
from experts in the scientific study of mind wandering with a focus on
model-based neuroscience approaches. The symposium will provide a unique
opportunity to see how the concepts introduced in the summer school can
provide insight on an important research topic.

*Application and registration:*

The registration fee for the summer school is 500 euro. The
registration fee for combined attendance at the summer school and the
one-day mind wandering symposium is 600 euro. We ask that students make
their own housing arrangements. Space is limited, therefore we ask that
you provide a statement of interest. We will select students based on
the relevance of the summer school to their research. The application
deadline is 22 April 2016.