Connectionists: IGAIA IV in honor of Shun-ichi Amari

Nihat Ay nay at mis.mpg.de
Tue Mar 22 10:54:35 EDT 2016

Dear colleagues,

this is the second announcement of the fourth international conference on

"Information Geometry and its Applications" (http://igaia.utia.cz).

This event honors the numerous scientific achievements of Shun-ichi Amari on the occasion of his 80th birthday. With his foundation of Information Geometry, Shun-ichi Amari has pioneered the filed of mathematical neuroscience. Information Geometry is a quickly growing field which has attracted many scientists from mathematics, neuroscience, cognitive systems, robotics, and machine learning.

The conference will take place on June 13-17, 2016, at the Liblice Castle Hotel in Czech Republic. Its webpage has now been updated, including the preliminary program and information about the transportation to the conference location. Furthermore, all details concerning the registration and poster submission are available at that webpage (http://igaia.utia.cz). In fact, we very much appreciate poster contributions!

We hope that you will be able to participate and look forward to meeting you at IGAIA IV!

Best wishes,

Nihat Ay (Germany)
Paolo Gibilisco (Italy)
František Matúš (Czech Republic)

--
Prof. Dr. Nihat Ay
http://www.mis.mpg.de/ay/

- Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences
  Research Group Leader Information Theory of Cognitive Systems
- University of Leipzig, Honorary Professor
- Santa Fe Institute, Professor