Connectionists: Postdoctoral Position in Computational Neuroscience, RIKEN Brain Science Institute

Taro Toyoizumi taro.toyoizumi at brain.riken.jp
Tue Mar 8 04:45:40 EST 2016

[Laboratory]
Postdoctoral position in computational neuroscience at RIKEN Brain
Science Institute
Lab for Neural Computation and Adaptation (Lab head: Taro Toyoizumi)
webpage: http://toyoizumilab.brain.riken.jp/

[Job description]
Our lab is interested in dynamic information processing by neural
circuits and the modeling of activity-dependent plasticity in the
brain. We seek a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher with a
strong analytical background and interest in neuroscience. Applicants
should have a PhD in physics, neuroscience, mathematics, computer
science, or a related area. Candidates who want to bridge theory and
experiment in close collaboration with an experimental lab are also
encouraged to apply.

Current interest of the lab includes:
- Elucidating how complex activity dynamics are generated by neural
circuits and how the network dynamics influence information processing
(PLoS Comput. Biol. 2015; Phys. Rev. E 2011)
- Modeling Hebbian and homeostatic synaptic plasticity across
developmental stages (Neuron 2014; Neuron 2013)
- A statistical mechanics approach to characterize neural codewords
and its engineering application (Sci. Rep. 2015; Phys. Rev. E 2015)
A high-performance computer cluster is accessible for simulations and
data analyses.

[Required documents]
1.  Complete CV
2.  List of publications
3.  Contact information for three references

[Conditions]
2-year postdoc position with possibility of extension (Full-time
position with an annual contract up to 5 years based on the
evaluation)
RIKEN Brain Science is an international research institute. We use
English as the common language for research and for administration.
The institute is located in greater Tokyo area, about 30 min from the
center of the city by train.
webpage: http://www.brain.riken.jp/en/

[Start of Employment]
April 1st, 2016 or later (negotiable)

[Send application to]
toyoizumilab at brain.riken.jp

[Contract information]
Taro Toyoizumi, Ph.D.
2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198, Japan
RIKEN Brain Science Institute
Email: toyoizumilab at brain.rikne.jp