Connectionists: PhD position at University of Sao Paulo at Ribeirao Preto Brazil available

Antonio C. Roque antonior at ffclrp.usp.br
Tue Jul 19 10:58:40 EDT 2016

I am looking for a PhD candidate in Computational Neuroscience with a
background in theoretical physics, specifically in stochastic processes and
computer modeling, to work on models of heterogeneous recurrent networks of
spiking neurons.

The selected candidate will apply to a FAPESP 4-year PhD scholarship under
my supervision. If awarded, the student will be part of the DFG
(Germany)-FAPESP (Brazil) jointly funded project (IRTG 1740/TRP
2015/501220-0) on Dynamical Phenomena in Complex Networks and will stay up
to one year in the lab of our collaborator in Germany, Prof. Benjamin Lindner
(Bernstein Center for Computational Neuroscience and Humboldt University,
Berlin).

Please send your application until August 28, 2016 (CV plus letter stating
the reasons for your wish to do research in the above field) to me (
antonior at ffclrp.usp.br).

--

Dr. Antonio C. Roque
Professor Associado