Connectionists: Two NIH funded T32 (postdoctoral) fellowship positions at UMass

Yu, Hong Hong.Yu at umassmed.edu
Wed Jul 6 11:35:59 EDT 2016

Dear all,

   Two NIH funded T32 (postdoctoral) fellowship positions are available immediately.  The candidate must be either US citizen or green card holder.  We are interested in information retrieval, natural language processing, machine learning, and data mining of electronic health records in the cardiovascular domain.  Interested please email hong.yu at umassmed.edu<mailto:hong.yu at umassmed.edu>

    In addition, recently we have developed deep learning approaches to detect named entity in electronic health records and we found our approach (published in NAACL 2016) significantly outperformed conditional random fields.

   Here is our paper:    http://m-mitchell.com/NAACL-2016/NAACL-HLT2016/pdf/N16-1056.pdf

  The code is freely available at:  https://github.com/abhyudaynj/birnn-bionlp

Hong Yu, MS, MA, PhD, FACMI
Professor, Department of Quantitative Health Sciences
Department of Medicine (Adjunct)
College of Information and Computer Science (Adjunct)
AS6-1083 ASC-QHS, 368 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA 01605
508-856-3474/ Fax: 508-856-8993
and Research Health Scientist, Bedford, MA
Conference Call: 508-856-8222
Participant Code: 0176
Moderator Code: 2294