Connectionists: Fellowships in Theoretical and Computational Neuroscience at the University of Pennsylvania

Vijay Balasubramanian vijay at PHYSICS.UPENN.EDU
Wed Aug 24 12:34:16 EDT 2016

Postdoctoral Fellowships in Theoretical and Computational Neuroscience
University of Pennsylvania

The Computational Neuroscience Initiative (CNI, http://cni.upenn.edu
<http://cni.upenn.edu/>) of the University of Pennsylvania seeks
exceptional candidates for a CNI Postdoctoral Fellowship. Candidates
with strong quantitative skills from a variety of fields including
neuroscience, cognitive science, psychology, physics, mathematics, and
engineering will be considered. The selected Fellows will join an
inter-disciplinary research environment in historic Philadelphia.  CNI
Fellows will be encouraged to foster collaborative research between
multiple labs.

The CNI supports inter-disciplinary and collaborative research at the
frontier of knowledge about the brain, behavior, and the mind. We focus
on systems-level approaches that integrate theory and computation with
experiment. Our members include faculty, post-docs, and students from
multiple programs and departments including neurobiology, cognitive
science, psychology, physics, mathematics, electrical engineering,
bioengineering, and computer science. Our research and training spans
the three major elements of the field of Computational Neuroscience: 1)
Theory – understanding the brain as an information-processing machine;
2) Experiments – providing quantitative methods to aid in the design,
implementation, analysis, and interpretation of empirical studies that
probe all levels of brain function, from molecules to behavior; and 3)
Applications – including robotics, brain-machine interfaces, and new
clinical tools.

Applications should be submitted by email to compneuro at sas.upenn.edu
<mailto:compneuro at sas.upenn.edu> and should consist of a CV and a cover
letter stating the candidate's research experience and reasons for
applying to this Fellowship. Please arrange for up two three letters of
recommendation to be sent to the same email address with the candidate’s
name in the subject line. Review of applications will occur on a rolling
basis until the positions are filled

The University of Pennsylvania values diversity and seeks talented
individuals from diverse backgrounds (http://jobs.hr.upenn.edu
<http://jobs.hr.upenn.edu/>).

Vijay Balasubramanian, Director
David Brainard, Co-Director