Connectionists: Post-Doc and PhD positions

J Bowers J.Bowers at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Apr 22 06:07:12 EDT 2016

A postdoctoral Research Associate (Post-Doc) and PhD. student are required
for the Leverhulme Trust-funded project entitled “When and Why Do Neural
Networks Learn Selective Codes?”. In this project we aim to characterise
the tasks and conditions in which a range of neural networks, including
popular “deep networks”, learn highly selective representations. To this
end we will train networks on various tasks and then carry out analyses of
the hidden units to determine the nature of the learned representations.
The results of these simulations will provide clues as to why neurons in
brains often respond in a highly selective manner.  You woud be working
with Jeffrey Bowers and Colin Davis at the University of Bristol, UK. Neither
the post-doc nor PhD student needs to be from the EU, but the PhD post only
pays for EU fees (plus a stipend).  For more information see:

http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/ANM863/research-associate/

http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/ANM389/phd-studentship-selective-representation/

Jeff