Connectionists: RA and Post-Doc positions in Vision and Neural Computing at National University Singapore

Garrick Orchard garrickorchard at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 06:01:59 EDT 2015

We have multiple Research Assistant and Post-Doc positions available in
Vision, Neural Computing, and Embedded Computing at National University of
Singapore (NUS).
Project Description:
*Bio-inspired vision for unmanned aerial vehicles and remote sensing*
We are developing miniaturized bio-inspired vision sensing modules for
unmanned vehicles (both ground and air) and remote sensing applications. We
make use of bio-inspired spiking silicon retina sensors (
http://www.garrickorchard.com/research) and are developing algorithms and
hardware for processing spike-based vision data in real-time with the aim
of optimizing power efficiency.
NUS is currently ranked 7th worldwide for engineering and technology on the
QS world rankings.  We offer internationally competitive salaries in a
world class city.
Required Qualifications:

   - A degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or
   similar
   - Good communication skills and ability to work in a team
   - Preference will be given to candidates with experience in:
      - computer vision
      - spiking neural networks
      - neuromorphic engineering
      - embedded hardware