Connectionists: Ph.D. positions available in Cognitive and Information Sciences

Chris Kello ckello at ucmerced.edu
Wed Oct 28 01:30:29 EDT 2015

The Cognitive and Information Sciences graduate program at the University of California, Merced has positions available for Ph.D. students entering Fall 2016.  We offer interdisciplinary training in human neural, behavioral, and social processes and their dynamics.  The program is research-intensive, and a wide range of projects and collaborations are available for students to join, and take on leading roles as they progress through the program.  Topics include language, speech, communication, movement coordination, interpersonal interaction, human-computer interaction, philosophy of mind, philosophy of cognitive science, memory, executive control, search, neural networks, learning, and dynamical and complex systems.  The word "information" in CIS denotes our emphases on data science and engineering, computational modeling, and technological applications that support and even emulate intelligent behaviors.  Students who graduate from our Ph.D. program have career opportunities in academia as well as technology industries.

Please visit our program website for information about CIS:
http://cogsci.ucmerced.edu/

Applications may be submitted through the graduate division website:
http://graduatedivision.ucmerced.edu/

For full consideration, applications should be received by December 15, although we will continue to accept applications through January 15.  Top candidates will be invited and reimbursed to visit the campus February 5-6, to meet with our faculty and students and learn more about the program.  Multi-year offers of financial support are available, which include full tuition and competitive stipends.

If you have any further questions, please email the faculty member(s) who most closely align with your research interests.