Connectionists: Fellowships in Theoretical and Computational Neuroscience at the University of Pennsylvania

Vijay Balasubramanian vijay at physics.upenn.edu
Thu Oct 15 11:28:37 EDT 2015

*Postdoctoral Fellowships with the Computational Neuroscience Initiative
**at the University of Pennsylvania*

The Computational Neuroscience Initiative (CNI) of the University of
Pennsylvania seeks exceptional candidates for a CNI
Postdoctoral Fellowship. Candidates with strong quantitative skills from
a variety of fields including neuroscience, cognitive science,
psychology, physics, mathematics, and engineering will be considered.
The selected Fellow will join an inter-disciplinary research environment
in historic  Philadelphia. CNI Fellows will be encouraged to foster
collaborative research between multiple labs.

The CNI supports interdisciplinary and collaborative research at the
frontier of knowledge about the brain, behavior, and the mind. We
focus on systems-level approaches that integrate theory and computation
with experiment. Our members include faculty, post-docs, and students
from multiple programs and departments at Penn. Our research and
training spans the three major elements of the field of Computational
Neuroscience: 1) Theory – understanding the brain as an
information-processing machine; 2) Experiments – providing quantitative
methods to aid in the design,  implementation, analysis, and
interpretation of empirical studies that probe all levels of brain
function, from molecules to behavior; and 3)  Applications – including
robotics, brain-machine interfaces, and new clinical tools. For more
information about the CNI, please visit our website at
https://cni.upenn.edu.

Applications may be submitted by email to compneuro at sas.upenn.edu, and
should consist of a CV and a cover letter stating the
candidate's research experience and reasons for applying to this
Fellowship. Please arrange for up to three letters of recommendation to
be sent to the same email address with the candidate's name in the
subject line. Review of applications will begin on November 15 and
continue on a rolling basis until the positions are filled.

The University of Pennsylvania values diversity and seeks talented
individuals from diverse backgrounds (http://jobs.hr.upenn.edu).

Vijay Balasubramanian, Director
David Brainard, Co-Director
Joshua Gold, Co-Director