Connectionists: 2nd Model-based Neuroscience Summer School Amsterdam June 1-5

Jane Neumann neumann at cbs.mpg.de
Fri Mar 27 04:23:18 EDT 2015

Dear colleagues,

*June 1-5 2015* will see the second *Model-based Neuroscience Summer
School*, hosted at the *University of Amsterdam*.

The school will provide students with hands-on experience in both
cognitive modeling using diffusion and accumulator models and simple
neuroscience methods. In addition, the program includes a debate between
the two most prominent perspectives on the model-based neuroscience of
perceptual decision-making. These perspectives place a different primary
focus on either behavior (Ratcliff) or neural dynamics (Logan).
Consequently, they bring different insights to the combined research agenda.

The summer school is aimed at PhD students and early PostDocs who wish
to combine cognitive modelling with experimental and theoretical
neuroscience research. Students should be familiar with general
programming concepts and state in their application which programming
languages and software packages they typically use.

The summer school is only 100 euro, however, we ask that students make
their own housing arrangements. Space is limited, therefore we ask that
you provide a statement of interest. We will base selection of students
based on the relevance of the summer school to their research.

More information about the teachers, preliminary programme, and
application can be found at www.modelbasedneuroscience.com
<http://www.modelbasedneuroscience.com/>

We are looking forward to welcoming you in Amsterdam!

Birte Forstmann, University of Amsterdam
Jane Neumann, University Medical Center Leipzig and MPI for Human
Cognitive and Brain Sciences
Roger Ratcliff, Ohio State University
Leendert van Maanen, University of Amsterdam