Connectionists: postdoc in decision-making at Princeton

Carlos Brody brody at princeton.edu
Thu Jan 29 11:15:02 EST 2015

Postdoc in computational neuroscience of decision-making.

My group <http://brodylab.org/> at Princeton University is looking for a talented computational postdoc to work on theory-driven modeling and data analysis of the neurophysiology of decision-making. We carry out both computational modeling (e.g., Brunton et al., Science 2013 <http://www.sciencemag.org/content/340/6128/95.full>) and experiments (e.g., Hanks, Kopec et al., Nature 2015 <http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nature14066.html>), and this computational position will provide a powerful opportunity to influence and help direct experiments as they are conceived and develop.

The data to be worked with will focus on simultaneous multi-neuron recordings, both electrophysiological and using two-photon cellular-resolution imaging (e.g., Scott et al., Neuron 2013 <http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0896627313007125>), in decisions driven by accumulation of evidence. We are working towards single-trial, population-level understanding of the neural circuit mechanisms underlying decision-making.

A background in quantitative sciences (e.g., machine learning, physics, math, computer science) and a strong interest in neuroscience are preferred.

Please contact me directly at brody at princeton.edu <mailto:brody at princeton.edu> with a brief email describing your interests, your CV, and the names and contact info for two references.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Carlos Brody
http://brodylab.princeton.edu <http://brodylab.princeton.edu/>

Carlos Brody    (609) 258-7645     brody at princeton.edu <mailto:brody at princeton.edu>Howard Hughes Medical Institute & Princeton University
Princeton Neurosci. Inst.   &   Dept. of Molecular Biology
155 Princeton Neuro Inst, Washington Rd,
Princeton NJ 08544            http://brodylab.princeton.edu <http://brodylab.princeton.edu/>