Connectionists: CFP AAAI Spring Symposium on Knowledge Representation & Reasoning: Combining Statistical and Symbolic approaches

Kevin Murphy murphyk at cs.ubc.ca
Thu Sep 11 03:50:28 EDT 2014

We invite submissions to the AAAI Spring Symposium on "Knowledge
Representation and Reasoning: Integrating Symbolic and Distributional
Approaches", to be held at Stanford University, CA, March 23-25, 2015.
 This will be a 2.5 day workshop in which we discuss methods for KR&R that
can combine the strengths of symbolic approaches (e.g., knowledge bases,
first order logic) with distributed approaches (e.g., deep learning,
spectral embeddings), as well as hybrid variants thereof (e.g.,
hierarchical Bayesian models, probabilistic logic). We are interested in
systems that can go beyond classifying inputs into one of a smallish set of
labels, but instead can produce responses from an exponentially large set
of possible answers (e.g., think of an open-domain question answering
system, or a system that can predict the future behavior of a person given
various sensory inputs).

Our preliminary list of invited speakers
<https://www.hds.utc.fr/~bordesan/dokuwiki/doku.php>includes Antoines Borde
<http://leon.bottou.org/>s, Leon Bottou, William Coh
<http://web.mit.edu/cocosci/josh.html>en, Noah Goodman, P
<http://www.stanford.edu/~ngoodman/>ercy Liang, David McAllester, Josh
Tenenbaum, Micha <http://www.cyc.com/about/team/michael-witbrock>el Wittbrock,
Luke Z <http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~./wcohen/>ettlemoyer.
<http://homes.cs.washington.edu/~lsz/>

Submission <http://homes.cs.washington.edu/~lsz/>s should be up to 4 pages
in PDF format, and <http://ttic.uchicago.edu/~dmcallester/>are due by
October 10, 2014. Please upload via
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=krr2015 ; no email submissions will
be accepted. Author names and affiliations should be displayed on the first
page.

The organizers are Andrew McCallum (UMass), Ramanathan Guha (Google),
Evgeniy Gabrilovich (Google), Kevin Murphy (Google).

Further details can be found at https://sites.google.com/site/krr2015/.