Connectionists: how the brain works?

Brian J Mingus brian.mingus at colorado.edu
Thu Mar 13 21:40:44 EDT 2014

Hi John,

Theories of the brain will come in at multiple levels of abstraction. A
reasonable first pass is to take object recognition as a given. It's clear
that language and general intelligence doesn't require it. Hellen Keller is
a great example - deaf and blind, and with patience, extremely intelligent.
Visual and auditory object recognition simply aren't required!

Brian