Connectionists: Post-Doctoral Fellowships in Computer Vision at EPFL

Pascal Fua pascal.fua at epfl.ch
Tue Jun 17 05:23:51 EDT 2014

EPFL's Computer  Vision Laboratory ( http://cvlab.epfl.ch/ ) has two
openings for post-doctoral fellows in  the field  of Computer Vision.
More specifically, we are looking for people interested in:

- Modeling neurons from microscopy images. Since microscopes now
routinely produce high-resolution imagery in such large quantities that
the need for automated processing and interpretation is becoming
critical. We are working on approaches to providing it. See
http://cvlab.epfl.ch/page-90578-en.html for more details.

- People-tracking from multiple video streams.  We have been developing
video-based algorithms for tracking multiple players in team sports and
we would like to broaden their scope. See
http://cvlab.epfl.ch/research/body/surv for more details.

Position:

They are initially offered for 12 months starting in Febuary 2015 and
can be extended.

The Computer  Vision laboratory offers  a creative international
environment, a possibility to conduct competitive research on a global
scale and involvement in teaching.  Within  the project, there  will be
ample opportunities  to cooperate with some of the best groups in Europe
and elsewhere.

EPFL is  located next to Lake Geneva  in a beautiful setting  60
kilometers away from the city of Geneva.  Salaries are in the order of
CHF 80000 per year, the precise amount to be determined by EPFL's
department of human resources.

Education:

Applicants are  expected to  have finished,  or be about  to finish
their Ph.D. degrees,  to  have a  strong  background  in Computer
Science, and to have a track record of publications in top  conferences
and  journals. Strong  programming skills (C  or C++)  are a plus.
French language skills are not required, English is mandatory.

Application:

Applications must be sent by email to Ms.  Gisclon
(josiane.gisclon at epfl.ch).  They must contain a statement of interest, a
CV, a list of publications, and the names of three references.