Connectionists: PhD and PostDoc positions at QMUL

Timothy Hospedales tmh at eecs.qmul.ac.uk
Sat Jun 14 14:30:35 EDT 2014

Applications are invited for two positions at Queen Mary University of London, School of Electronic Engineering & Computer Science. The positions will be based in the internationally renowned Risk and Information Management and Computer Vision groups.

Postdoc Position
We are seeking a postdoctoral research assistant with a strong background in computer vision and machine learning. This 13 month post is funded by the UK EPSRC project Transfer Learning for Person Re-Identification and will address cutting edge research at the forefront of transfer learning for vision. A track record of publication at top venues in vision or machine learning is essential.

Deadline: 11th July.
Start Date: As soon as possible, ideally before 31st August 2014.
Details & application: http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/AIY338/postdoctoral-research-assistant/

PhD Position
We are searching for a motivated PhD candidate with a background in machine learning to work in any of the active research areas within our lab. These include topics related to life-long machine learning (transfer, multi-task and cross domain learning), deep learning and active learning. Current areas of application include computer vision and multi-media (recognition, person re-identification, attribute learning, weakly supervised learning), sentiment analysis, medical data analysis and internet/web data analytics.

Deadline: 16th July.
Start Date: October 2014.
Details & application: http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/AIY692/phd-studentship-in-machine-intelligence/

International applicants are welcome for both positions.
For informal enquiries contact Dr. Timothy Hospedales, t.hospedales at qmul.ac.uk